Main Article Content
This research aims to create a supporting media product in English Grammar learning in semester 2 students majoring in English at IAIN Palopo. based on observations in June 2019, the author found a problem in the scale of student use in smartphone use that is increasingly growing. Therefore, the author is interested in creating an online comic that can be accessed on the phone by using an application called Webtoon. The study design used in this study was Research and Development (R&D) utilized ADDIE Model. It consists of Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate. The product is used as a supporting medium in English grammar learning which was once being studied by Semester 2 English Student IAIN Palopo. The product was tried out to the Students of Semester 2 of English Students at IAIN Palopo. The instruments were used in this study are Questionnaire for need analysis and observation sheet for 5 Experts and student’s perception. In this study, 5 experts were involved in order to validate the product. The elements of the validation are Display, Content/Materials, Language, and the Application. The result based from the expert’s validation as well as try-out product result, the product of this study was appropriate to be applied for the students of English Department semester 2, as a supporting media in Learning English Grammar
Grafispaten.wordpress.com (02 January 2016). Model Pengembangan Media Pembelajaran ADDIE, Accessed at 23 August 2020, from https://grafispaten.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/model-pengembangan-media-pembelajaran-addie/
Hardianti.2017 “Teaching English to the Students Through the Doraemon Comic to Master Vocabulary at the First Grade of SMPN 1 Tinggi moncong”, http://repositori.uin-alauddin.ac.id/7796/1/HARDIANTI.pdf, Accessed at 21 February 2020
Novisilta, Feronica Cici. 2016 “Penggunaan Media Komik Untuk Meningkatkan Minat dan Hasil Belajar Fisika Siswa Kelas VII SMP Katolik 2 W.R Soepratman Barong Tongkok di Kutai Barat pada Materi Konsep Zat”, https://repository.usd.ac.id/6856/2/091424040_full.pdf, Accessed at 21 February 2020
Taufiq.net, Model Penelitian Pengembangan Borg and Gall (1983) accessed at 23 August 2020, from https://www.taufiq.net/2019/09/model-penelitian-pengembangan-borg-and.html
Pendulangan.wordpress.com (27 March 2012), Model Pembelajaran GERLACH and ELY, accessed at 23 August 2020, from https://pendulangan.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/perencanaan-sistem-pai/
Welty Gordon. 2008.” Formative Evaluation in the ADDIE Model”, https://go.gale.com/ps/anonymous?id=GALE%7CA203191097&sid=googleScholar&v=2.1&it=r&linkaccess=abs&issn=15525791&p=AONE&sw=w, Accessed at 02 March 2020.
Wikipedia, 2014. “Webtoon”, https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webtoon, Accessed at 27 june 2018
Zakky, 2018. “Pengertian Media pembelajaran Menurut Para Ahli dan Secara Umum”, https://www.zonareferensi.com/pengertian-media-pembelajaran/, Accessed at 15 Mei 2019
Helma, & Jufriadi. (2020). Improving Students` Vocabulary Mastery Through Observe and Remember Game at the Seventh Grade SMPN 2 Palopo. FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching, 1(1), 29–40. https://doi.org/10.24256/foster-jelt.v1i1.5
Irvy, I. I. (2020). Understanding the Learning Models Design for Indonesian Teacher. International Journal of Asian Education, 1(2), 95–106. https://doi.org/10.46966/ijae.v1i2.40
Rifuddin, B., Ilham, D., & K, N. (2020). Academic Services in Islamic Education Management Study Program: The Actualization of the Basic Values of the State Civil Apparatus at IAIN Palopo. International Journal of Asian Education, 1(2), 81–94. https://doi.org/10.46966/ijae.v1i2.34
Wahidin, & Yahya, A. (2020). The Use of Snowball Throwing in Teaching Reading at The Second Year Students of SMPN 8 Palopo. FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching, 1(1), 63–82. https://doi.org/10.24256/foster-jelt.v1i1.8
Zuhrowati Mahya, 2018. “pengembangan Komik Sebagai Media Pembelajaran IPA Pada Materi pemanasan Global”, http://digilib.unila.ac.id/31342/3/SKRIPSI%20TANPA%20BAB%20PEMBAHASAN.pdf, Accessed at 21 February 2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the Foster JELT, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with Foster JELT agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the Foster JELT right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the Foster JELT published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.