Main Article Content
This thesis focused on the research questions is how the English Teacher performance in teaching, include: how the planning of the teacher before teaching, how the strategies of the teacher in teaching, and constraints that affect teacher performance in teaching at SMAN 3 Palopo. The data were collected through observation, interviews, and documents, and were analyzed using qualitative descriptive techniques. The object of the research was the teacher of SMAN 3 Palopo, who has been certified. The research analyzed the data that has been found by observation, and the result was explained in the discussion. The results showed that the performance of English teachers in teaching at SMAN 3 Palopo was quite good. Saw from his readiness before teaching, the selection of strategies and methods that were suitable, as well as how to deal with all the obstacles that exist.
Daphne D. Minner, Abigail Jurist Levy, Jeanne Century. 2009. Inquiry-Based Science Instruction—What Is It and Does It Matter?. The University of Chicago.
David F. Lohman. 1997. Issues in The Definition and Measurement of Abilities, (The University of Iowa, USA)
EP Ques Appendixes.1988. Model of Arbitrator Competence.
Gandara.P, Maxwell-Jolly.J, Driscoll.A .2005. Listening to Teachers of English Language Learners. (The Regents of the University of California)
Goldenberg, C. 2008. Teaching English Language Learners: What the Research Does - And Does Not – Say; Georgia Southern University.
Goldhaber, DD. and Dominic J. Brewer. 1996. Evaluating the Effect of Teacher Degree Level on Educational Performance; Santa Monica.
Madjid, Abd. 2016. Pengembangan Kinerja Guru Melalui: Kompetensi, Komitmen dan Motivasi Kerja, Yogyakarta: Samudra Biru.
Ning Zahroh, Mas. Evaluasi Kinerja dalam Peningkatan Mutu Pendidikan di Yayasan Al Kenaniyah Jakarta Timur; Jakarta Timur.
Philippe Dessus, Sonia Mandin, and Virginie Zampa.2008. What is Teaching? Cognitive-Based Tutoring Principles for the Design of a Learning Environment. (Common innovation in e-learning, machine learning and humanoid.
Rain S. Bongolan. 2005. Six Key Strategies for Teachers of English-Language Learners; University of California at Santa Cruz.
Spronken-Smith, R. 2006. Experiencing the Process of Knowledge Creation: The Nature and Use of Inquiry-Based Learning in Higher Education. University of Otago, New Zealand.
Villegas- Reimers, E.2003. Teacher Professional Development: An International Review of the Literature. International Institute for Educational Planning.
Villegas-Reimers, Eleonora. 1994. Teacher professional development: an international review of the literature.
Yusrus Sana, Mohammad. 2006. Penilaian Kinerja Guru Mengenai Profesionalisme Guru di SMP NU Putri Kartika Kab.Kudus. Semarang.
Zamel, V. 1982. Writing: The Process of Discovering Meaning. (TESOL Quarterly is currently published by Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the Foster JELT, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with Foster JELT agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the Foster JELT right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the Foster JELT published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.