Main Article Content
The aims of the research develop TOEFL apps to change the offline to the online system because pandemic era, the online system is not only in TOEFL Test but also in the service of language laboratory of IAIMNU Metro that changes from offline system to online system. Changing the offline system to an online system is certainly not an easy thing for language laboratory officers, because from the registration system to the test system must be held in the online form. the use of technological advances needs to be carried out by language laboratory officers from registration, participant data collection, tutorial scheduling, tutorial systems and TOEFL test. In this study, the authors consider the affective domain phenomenon in language learning. The author uses a qualitative approach to investigate and analyze the results of student interviews which are the influence of two languages on student performance at the Islamic Institute of Islamic Studies Ma'arif NU Metro. In qualitative research, discussion about participation and research location. The research methodology used by the researcher is descriptive qualitative research because this research requires the development of English material. the development model can be developed on three models: procedural, conceptual, and theoretical. The result of this research is the convenience for test participants and also the TOEFL tutorial at IAIMNU Metro, marked with students can feel fast and also the design of the apps is quite easy to understand.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- Amankulova, Z. I., & Seisembieva, S. K. (2011). Teaching English as a foreign language. Analele Universitatii Din Craiova, Seria Filozofie. https://doi.org/10.2307/811234
- Chapelle, C. A., Enright, M. K., & Jamieson, J. M. (2011). Building a validity argument for the test of english as a foreign languageTM. In Building a Validity Argument for the Test of English as a Foreign Language. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203937891
- Chen, D. L., Schonger, M., & Wickens, C. (2016). oTree-An open-source platform for laboratory, online, and field experiments. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbef.2015.12.001
- Creswell, J. (2013). Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. In Research design.
- Daniel, S. J. (2020). Education and the COVID-19 pandemic. Prospects. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11125-020-09464-3
- Elo, S., & Kyngäs, H. (2008). The qualitative content analysis process. Journal of Advanced Nursing. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04569.x
- Flyvbjerg, B. (2006). Five misunderstandings about case-study research. Qualitative Inquiry. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077800405284363
- Hasenstab, S., Wetmore, R. F., & Eggleston, T. (2005). Language development. In Complications in Pediatric Otolaryngology. https://doi.org/10.7810/9780908912964_8
- Hidayatullah, R., Saputra, A. A., Amalia, D. R., & Hasyim, A. A. (n.d.). Schema Activation Strategy in Reading Comprehension.
- Hinrichs, U., Carpendale, S., Knudsen, S., & Thudt, A. (2017). Analyzing qualitative data. Proceedings of the 2017 ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces, ISS 2017. https://doi.org/10.1145/3132272.3135087
- Hplc, Q. (2014). Quantitative & Qualitative HPLC. Www.Chromacademy.Com.
- Kirby, S., Griffiths, T., & Smith, K. (2014). Iterated learning and the evolution of language. In Current Opinion in Neurobiology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conb.2014.07.014
- Linshiz, G., Stawski, N., Poust, S., Bi, C., Keasling, J. D., & Hillson, N. J. (2013). PaR-PaR laboratory automation platform. ACS Synthetic Biology. https://doi.org/10.1021/sb300075t
- R Development Core Team, R. (2011). R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. In R Foundation for Statistical Computing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-74686-7
- Rahman, F., & Hidayatullah, R. (2019). Gamification of EFL classroom in a healthcare education context in Indonesia: Kahoot! June, 14–16. http://e-proceedings.iain-palangkaraya.ac.id/index.php/inacelt
- Scott-Phillips, T. C., & Kirby, S. (2010). Language evolution in the laboratory. In Trends in Cognitive Sciences. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tics.2010.06.006
- Service, E. T. (2011). Program History. TOEFL IBT Research.
- Tim COVID-19 IDAI. (2020). Protokol Tatalaksana Covid-19. 1.
- Tracy, S. J. (2010). Qualitative quality: Eight a"big-tent" criteria for excellent qualitative research. Qualitative Inquiry. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077800410383121
- Vanderplank, R. (2010). Déj vu A decade of research on language laboratories, television and video in language learning. Language Teaching. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0261444809990267
- Wait, I. W., & Gressel, J. W. (2009). Relationship between TOEFL score and academic success for international engineering students. Journal of Engineering Education. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2168-9830.2009.tb01035.x