Main Article Content
The aim of this study is to find out the effective way to apply Mind Web effectively in teaching writing skill at the fifth semester students of English Language Education Study Program of IAIN Palopo. This study used Classroom Action Research. The target populations of this research were all of the fifth semester students at IAIN Palopo. The sample was taken from population by using Purposive Sampling technique. This case the research took 15 students of class B as a sample. The procedure of the research used three cycles namely cycle 1, cycle 2, and cycle 3 to find out the ability of the students in writing skill. Before explaining the material, the researcher motivated the students. For instance, the researcher told the students to study hard because their parents spent more money for their education, so they must study hard so that they could improve their skill in English especially in writing skill. The final result found that the effective ways to teach writing skill to students using mind web were: (1) Dividing the students into groups. So, the researcher could control the class easily; (2) Telling the students to make a good composition in a few minutes. The researcher also went around to each group to observe activities of students whether they write a good or not good in writing composition; and (3) Closing the meeting by suggesting them to study hard and consult the difficulties they found to their teachers. This situation of the teaching and learning process became more enjoyable, interesting and effective.
Arikunto, Suharsimi et al Classroom Action Research, Jakarta : Bumi Aksara, 2011
Beare, Kenneth, Descriptive Paragraph in (http://esl.about.com /od/writingabcs/a/ writing _descriptive _paragraphs.htm), accessed on May 23rd2012 at 10.30 a.m
Bull, Victoria, Oxford Learner’s pocket dictionary third edition, New York : Universy Press, 2008
Bram, Barli, Write Well Improving Writing Skills, Yogyakarta : Kanisius, 2006
E. George Wishon and Julia M. Burks, Let’s Write English, New York : Litton Educational Publishing International, 1980
Fischer, Steven Roger, Definition of Writing in http: // www.omniglot.com /writing/ definition.htm, accessed on May 23rd 2012 at 09.36 a.m
Gardner and Johnson, Stages of the Writing Process in http://www.ncrel.org/ sdrs/areas/issues/methods/instrctn/ in5lk11-1.htm, accessed on January 7th 2013 at 13.27 p.m
Anwar, L., Furwana, D., & Iksan, M. (2020). Developing Reading Worksheet for Tenth Grade Students of SMA Negeri 4 Palopo. FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching, 1(1), 1–8. https://doi.org/10.24256/foster-jelt.v1i1.2
Iksan, M. (n.d.). A SURVEY OF STUDENTS’LANGUAGE LEARNING STRATEGIES AND THEIR ENGLISH LEARNING ACHIEVEMENT IN SMA NEGERI 1 PALOPO.
Iksan, M. (2017). Empowering Business Group Peanut Tenteng. Proceeding International Conference on Natural and Social Science (ICONSS) 2017, 1(1).
Iksan, M., & Palangngan, S. T. (2018). PEMBERDAYAAN REMAJA MASJID SEBAGAI FASILITATOR PEMBELAJARAN BAHASA INGGRIS DI DESA LESTARI KECAMATAN TOMONI KABUPATEN LUWU TIMUR. Prosiding, 3(1)
Iskandar, Classroom Action Research, Jambi : GP Press, 2008
Mangkuatmodjo. Pengantar Statistik, (Cet.1). Jakarta: Rineka Cipta. 2003
M, Melanie Cooper, Six Tips For Writing an Effective Teaching Statement in http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg/content?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PP_ARTICLEMAIN&node_id=1001&content_id=CNBP_030366&use_sec=true&seurl_var=region1&__uuid=3c64b79b-7405-4825-a4c5-010172d40449, accessed on January 7th 2013 at13.22 p.m
M, Melanie Cooper, Five Steps of the Writing Process in http://lewis.cpsb.org/faculty _pages/stacey.blanchard/THE%20FIVE%20STEPS%20OF%20THE%20WRITING%20PROCESS.htm, accessed on January 7th 2013 at 13.26 p.m
Miller, George A in A New Way of Thinking Mind Web, Jakarta : PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2012
Melly, Punctuation in http://www.englishclub.com/writing/punctuation.htm, accessed on May 23rd 2012 at 09.59 a.m.
Melly, When We Use Capital Letter in http: // www.englishclub.com / writing / caps0.htm, accessed on May 23rd 2012 at 10.06
M, Sriwati Husain, “Improving Students’ Writing Skill Through Describing an Object at the Tenth Class of MAN Palopo”, (unpublish thesis) STAIN Palopo, 2009
Pahira, “Developing Students’ Writing Skill Through Grammar Translation Method at the Tenth Class of MAN Palopo.”, (unpublished thesis) STAIN Palopo, 2010
Pardiyono, 12 Writing Clues for Better Writing Competence, Yogyakarta, 2006
Purwanti, Let’s Write English Texts, Yogyakarta : Citra Aji Parama, 2013
Pratama, Alamsyah, “Improving Students’ Writing Skill Through Short Story at Third Year Students of English Department of STAIN Palopo.” (unpublished thesis), 2010
Pratiwi, Andika and Gartika Rahmasari, How to Write in English Correctly, Bekasi : Laskar Aksara, 2011
Richards, Jack C, and Willy A. Renandya, Methodology in Language Teaching an Anthology of Current Practice, United State of America, 2002
Solahuddin, M, Kiat-Kiat Cepat Belajar Writing, Yogyakarta : Diva Press, 2009
Wartana, Eka, A New Way of Thinking Mind Web, Jakarta : PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2012
-------, Mind Web in http://www.mindwebway.com/, accessed on January 7th 2013 at 13. 42 p.m
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the Foster JELT, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with Foster JELT agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the Foster JELT right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the Foster JELT published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.