Main Article Content
This research aimed to design an appropriate interactive multimedia to support teaching vocabulary of recount texts to tenth-grade students of MAN 2 Pontianak using Lectora Inspire. The interactive multimedia was designed based on the teacher’s interview, analysis of the current syllabus, and the English textbooks. The writer applied ADDIE as the research model. However, the writer only implemented four phases which were analyzing, designing, developing, and evaluation (ADDE). The product was designed by using Lectora Inspire and some supporting software. The contents of the interactive multimedia were focused on historical recount texts and it was adopted from “Buku Bahasa Inggris Kelas X” Version 2017 that linked to syllabus and learning objectives. The interactive multimedia was completed with some interactive features like feedbacks, navigation buttons, and dictionary. The writer used expert validation to evaluate the product based on the content aspects and the design aspects. It revealed that the product validation ranged from good to very good. Therefore, the interactive multimedia was usable to support teaching and learning processes in MAN 2 Pontianak.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- Akbarini, N. R., Murtini, W., & Rahmanto, A. N. (2018). The effect of Lectora inspire-based interactive learning media in vocational high school. Jurnal Pendidikan Vokasi, 8(1), 78. https://doi.org/10.21831/jpv.v8i1.17970
- Alessi, S. M., & Trollip, S. R. (2001). Multimedia for learning: Methods and development (3rd Edition). Allyn and Bacon.
- Anggraeni, C. W. (2018). Promoting education 4.0 in English for survival class: What are the challenges? Journal of English Language, Literature, and Teaching, 2(01), 12–24. https://doi.org/10.31002/metathesis.v1i2.676
- Asih, W. K. (2013). Developing interactive learning multimedia to teach reading narrative. UNY Press.
- Badan Standar Nasional Pendidikan (BSNP). 2011. Penialaian buku teks pelajaran Bahasa Inggris sekolah menengah kejuruan. Jakarta: Badan Standar Nasional Pendidikan
- Borg, W. R & Gall, M. D. Gall (2003). Educational research: An introduction, Forth edition. Longman.
- Branch, R. M. (2009). Instructional design: The ADDIE approach. Spinger.
- Cennamo, K., & Kalk, D. (2019). Real World Instructional Design. Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203712207
- Istikharoh. (2015). Developing interactive multimedia for reading and writing learning materials. UNY Press
- Suharto, G. (2006). Pengukuran Penilaian Hasil Belajar Bahasa Inggris. Yogyakarta: P3B UNY.
- Widiyati, D. N. (2015) Developing Interactive English Learning Materials by Using Lectora Inspire Program for Islamic Elementary School Students in Yogyakarta. S2 thesis, UNY
- Wiraldi, Jufriadi, M. I. (2020). Improving Vocabulary Mastery of The Seventh Year Students Using Scattergories Game in SMP Negeri 8 Palopo. FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching, 1(2), 159–167.