Main Article Content
This paper dealt with the effectiveness of drama techniques in enhancing student speech at SMPN 9 Palopo in 8th grade. The research was mainly sample. This investigation was carried out in two classes: experimental and control classes. Sixty students from VIII SMPN 9 Palopo graduates attended this research. The sample of research for the level of VIII 6 was 30 students as experimental classes, and the class of 8 / 1 was composed of 30 students. The method is voice check-in research. The students will be evaluated and assessed by this study. SPSS, 20, analyzed the data. Data were analyzed. The study results show that the use of dramatic materials can improve the skills of speakers. The calculation results show that the scores of students in the experimental class are better than the scores of students in the control class. Based on data analysis, a post-test average value of 10,5300 > 7,5700 is higher than the pre-test average. The average value in the control class is also more significant than the average preliminary value. Based on the analysis of the data, the lesson of speech using effective dramatic techniques at 9 Palopo can be concluded. It can be concluded. The results of the experimental classes can be shown that they are higher than the control class.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- Aini, Kuratul.2014 "Improving speaking ability of the third yeard students at third yeard students at MTSn model Makassar through education Drama". 2014: Makassar.
- Afizaldeni, Improving Student' Speaking through Communicative Language Teaching Methode at MtsJa-alhaq, Sentot Ali Basa Boarding School of Bengkulu, Indonesia, (State Institute of Islamic Studies (IAIN) Bengkulu, Indonesia 2012), p. 127
- Brown, 2001. Teaching by principles: An Interactive Approach to Language Pedagogy. New York: Pearson Education.
- Brown, Doglas H. (2004). Language Assessment: Principle and Classroom Practices. United State of America: Pearson Education, Inc.
- David, Nunan. 2003. Interaction speech is more fluid and unpredictable that transactional speech.
- Djumingngin, In Rahmanto. 2004: 42. Teaching of strategy Drama
- Helen, Nicholes. 2000. Teaching Drama 11-18ed. London: Continuum.
- H, M Abram. 1971. A Glossary of Literary Terms (3rd ed.). New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winstom, Inc.
- Heaton, B. J. "Longman Handbooks for Language Teachers". (London and New York, 1990)
- Iksan, M., & Palangngan, S. T. (2018). PEMBERDAYAAN REMAJA MASJID SEBAGAI FASILITATOR PEMBELAJARAN BAHASA INGGRIS DI DESA LESTARI KECAMATAN TOMONI KABUPATEN LUWU TIMUR. Prosiding, 3(1).
- Inayah, Ratih Inayah. Improving Students' Speaking Skill Through Story Telling Technique, (STKIP SiliwangiBandung, ELTINJurnal, Vol 3/1, April 2015), p. 27-28
- Jacobs, Ary. Donald.LC, and Razavieh, An Introduction to Research in Education: Third Edition (New York: CBS College Publishing, 1985) 302.
- J, Harmer. 2001. The practise of English language teaching. London: Pearson Education Limited.
- Kayi, 2016. Teaching Speaking: Activities to promote speaking in the second language. http://iteslj.org/Articles/kayi-TeachingSpeaking.html. retrieved on Dec 10th, 2009 at 1.22 am
- Lestari, Suci. 2018 "Developing students speaking through Drama performance of SMK Negeri 1 metro". Lampung: education faculty Lampung University
- Latief, Adnan M. Tanya Jawab Metode Penelitian Pembelajaran Bahasa (Malang: UNM Press, 2010) 120.
- Martin, Bygate. 2000. Teaching and Researching Speaking. London: Longman.
- Richard, 2002. Approachers and Methods in Language Teaching (2nd Ed.). Cambridge: University Press
- Richard,1990: 233. Says that there are many reasons causing English learner poor in speaking skill.
- Susilawati, Ery Rr. "Improving students' speaking skill using Drama at the eleventh-grade students of language class of MAN YOGYAKARTA II in the academic year of. 2012- 2013. Yogyakarta
- S, Thornbury.2005. How to teach Speaking. Harlow: Pearson Education Ltd.
- Procharza, Anton. 2006. Drama in Modern Language TeachingPart 2. Frankfurt: Wien.