Main Article Content
This research focused on using the scrambling method to teach grammar at the eleventh-grade students of Senior High School Number 2 Palopo. The research problem of this research was: “Does the scrambling method effectively improve students’ grammar mastery?”. The objective of this research was to find out whether or not the scrambling method effectively improves students’ grammar mastery. In this research, the researcher used pre-experimental design, and the treatments were conducted in six meetings. The population of this research was the eleventh-grade students of senior high school 2 Palopo. The researcher used a total sampling technique. There were 26 students from IPA 3 class involved in this research. The instrument used to collect data was a written test. It was divided into pretest and post-test. The data of this research were analyzed quantitatively by using SPSS program version 20. The result of this research showed that the scrambling method effectively improves students’ grammar mastery. The mean score in the pretest is lower than the mean score in the post-test (63, 85 < 82, 23). The researcher found that the p-Value is 0.00, and the alpha is 0.05, therefore p<α (0.00 < 0.05). Meanwhile, the mean score of the post-test is better than the mean score of pretest (82,23 > 63,85).
Agraini, Dewi Oktavia, 2017. Penerapan Metode Pembelajaran Scramble untuk Meningkatkan Hasil Belajar Bajasa Inggris Peserta Didik kelas III MI Thoriqul Huda Kromasan Ngunut Tulungagung.
Brown, Douglas, Teaching by Principles an Interactive Approach to Language Pedagogy, (San Francisco State University, 2001).
ESL.2009. “Teaching Grammar”, Online: www.wikipedia.com. Accesses on October 10th, 2009.
Flor and Jan Aarts, English Syntactic Structures. (Pergamon Press 1982).
Huda, Miftahul, Model-Model Pengajaran dan Pembelajaran (Yogyakarta: Pustaka Belajar, 2014).
Komalasari, Kokom. 2010. Pembelajaran Kontekstual: Konsep dan Aplikasi. PT Refika Aditama. Bandung.
Kurniawan, Bella Aditya, 2016. “The Effectiveness of Scramble Method in Teaching Writing Procedure Text to the Seventh Grade Students At SMP Muhammadiyah 1 Purworejo in the Academic Year 2015/2016” Purworejo.
Muhajirah, M. (2020). Basic of Learning Theory: (Behaviorism, Cognitivism, Constructivism, and Humanism). International Journal of Asian Education, 1(1), 37-42. https://doi.org/10.46966/ijae.v1i1.23
Nisak, Rohmalia Dita Khoirun, “Pengaruh Mode Scramble Didukung Media Bagan Terhadap Kemampuan Memahami Kegiatan Jual Beli Di Lingkungan Rumah dan Sekolah Siswa Kelas III SD Mojoroto 1 Kota Kediri Tahun Pelajaran 2016/2017”, (Artikel Skripsi Universitas Nusantara PGRI Kediri, 2017).
Nordquist, Richard, What is Grammar? (http://grammar.about.com) Accessed on 30th October 2011
Radford, Andrew. Transformational Grammar, (New York: Cambridge University Press, 1998).
Shoimin, Aris, 2013. 68 Model Pembelajaran Inovatif Dalam Kurikulum, (Yogyakarta: AR-RUZZ MEDIA, 2014).
In submitting the manuscript to the Foster JELT, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with Foster JELT agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the Foster JELT right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the Foster JELT published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.