Main Article Content
This study aims to determine whether the Vocab-O-Gram strategy can increase students' vocabulary. This study's methodology is pre-experimental. In this situation, the aforementioned strategy assisted the students in enhancing their motivation to lift new vocabulary. Students at class science II (two) SMA Bajiminasa Makassar as the population in this research. 20 students participated in the study's sample, which was created using a representative sampling technique in which only a small number of students were selected as the study's potential subjects. The data in question was then examined in the percentage format, along with ratio and percentage analysis and t-test. The results of the data analysis show that there are differences between the two tests namely the pre-test and post-test, which are distinguished by the fact that the test taken after the first one is larger than the test taken before it (8.35 > 6.05). The t-test result was more significant than the t-table result (22.11 > 2.039) at the significance level of 0.05 per cent. The data that was obtained by the researchers and entered into the table shows that the ratio of the initial rate to the final rate is larger. It can be inferred that the Vocab-O-Gram strategy was successful in raising the test scores of the second-grade students at SMA Bajiminasa Makassar.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the FOSTER: Journal of English Language Teaching published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.